2014-2015: Graduate Fellowship Program
The Illinois Space Grant Consortium (ISGC) awards graduate fellowships to support outstanding graduate students pursuing aerospace, astrophysics, astronomy, cosmology, Earth system science and other interdisciplinary space-related science, engineering or mathematics fields.
Up to (10) $10,000 fellowships will be awarded for the 2014-2015 academic year.
- U.S. citizen
- Full-time current enrollment at an ISGC institution
- Minimum 3.0/4.0 GPA
- Good academic record
- Research or design experience in a field related to astronomy, aerospace, cosmology, astrophysics, or Earth science
- Completed application (see below)
- All application materials must be submitted by April 4, 2014.
Selection Criteria:Award winners will be chosen based on student qualifications, scientific and educational relevance of the proposed activity, faculty member’s expressed commitment to the project, and the application. Women, under-represented minorities, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Complete the Fellowship Application. As part of the application, you will be asked to upload the following:
- A one to two-page Research Statement that includes:
- Your future career/educational interests
- A clear description of the proposed/current research activity, your specific expectations, and your responsibilities in this project
- Current resume
- College transcript(s) (can be unofficial transcript) of graduate program(s). If you are currently a college senior, submit your undergraduate transcript.
You will also need to provide one academic reference which would include full contact information of the reference (i.e. name, address, position, institution, email, phone, etc.) The ISGC will contact the reference for the letter. Please leave ample
|Submission Deadline:||Award Announcements:|
|April 4, 2014||late April 2014|
Upon completing your application, you will receive an automatic email reply notifying you that your application has been submitted. If you do not receive a reply, contact Diane Jeffers (see below).
Associate Director, Illinois Space Grant Consortium
Phone: (217) 244-8048
Return to the main Funding page.