2013-2014: Undergraduate Scholarship Program
The Illinois Space Grant Consortium (ISGC) will award scholarships to support outstanding undergraduate students pursuing aerospace, astrophysics, astronomy, cosmology, Earth system science and other interdisciplinary space-related science, engineering or mathematics fields.
A total of up to (15) $3,000 scholarships for the 2013-2014 academic year.
- U.S. citizen
- Full-time current enrollment at an ISGC institution
- Minimum 2.5/4.0 GPA
- Good academic standing
- Completed application packet (see below)
- All application materials must be submitted electronically by April 12, 2013.
Award winners will be chosen based on student qualifications and the application. Women, under-represented minorities, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Complete the Scholarship Application. As part of the application, you will be asked to upload the following:
- A one to two-page Statement of Interest:
- A clear, concise account of your reasons for seeking this scholarship
- Evidence of your previous and current interest/experience in aerospace engineering, astronomy, cosmology, astrophysics or Earth system science
- A resume
- Copy of your high school transcript (incoming Freshmen only)
- Copy of most recent college transcript (can be unofficial transcript)
You will also need to provide one academic reference which would include full contact information of the reference (i.e. name, address, position, institution, email, phone, etc.) A letter from the reference is not needed at this time.
|Submission Deadline:||Award Announcements:|
|April 12, 2013||early May 2013|
Upon completing your application, you will receive an automatic email reply notifying you that your application has been submitted. If you do not receive a reply, contact Diane Jeffers (see below).
Associate Director, Illinois Space Grant Consortium
Phone: (217) 244-8048
Return to the main Funding page.