The Illinois Space Grant Consortium (ISGC) will award scholarships to support outstanding undergraduate students pursuing aerospace, astrophysics, astronomy, cosmology, Earth system science and other interdisciplinary space-related science, engineering or mathematics fields.
A total of up to (23) $3,000 scholarships for the 2020-2021 academic year.
- U.S. citizen
- Full-time current enrollment at an ISGC institution. Must be an undergraduate in Fall 2020.
- Minimum 2.5/4.0 GPA
- Good academic standing
- Completed application packet (see below)
- All application materials must be submitted electronically by February 9, 2020, 11:59 PM.
Award winners will be chosen based on student qualifications and the application. Women, under-represented minorities, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Complete the Scholarship Application. As part of the application, you will be asked to upload the following:
- A one to two-page Statement of Interest:
- A clear, concise account of your reasons for seeking this scholarship
- Evidence of your previous and current interest/experience in aerospace engineering, astronomy, cosmology, astrophysics or Earth system science
- A resume
- Copy of your high school transcript (incoming Freshmen only)
- Copy of most recent college transcript (can be unofficial transcript)
You will also need to provide one academic reference which would include full contact information of the reference (i.e. name, address, position, institution, email, phone, etc.) A letter from the reference is not needed at this time.
|February 9, 2020, 11:59 PM