This award program is designed to promote the training of K-12 teachers by ISGC affiliates and lead institutions in the areas of science, technology, engineering, and/or mathematics so that they can integrate these materials into their course curriculum. Eligible activities include but are not limited to the development of courses and supplementary materials, educational enhancement activities, as well as conferences and workshops on science, technology, engineering and/or mathematics. Innovative hands-on activities associated with aerospace, space sciences, and Earth system sciences are preferred.
Proposals shall clearly and concisely describe the relevance of the proposed work to NASA’s currently funded research priorities and programs of the NASA Mission Directorate(s). Proposals are required to address one or more research priorities of the Mission Directorates and Centers, which are summarized in Section H.6.8 Research Priorities for NASA Mission Directorates and Centers. The current NASA mission directorates are as follows:
• Aeronautics Research (http://www.aeronautics.nasa.gov/)
• Human Exploration Operations (http://www.nasa.gov/directorates/heo/home/index.html)
• Science (http://science.nasa.gov/)
• Space Technology (http://www.nasa.gov/directorates/spacetech/home/index.html)
Funding has been allocated for teacher training programs and activities taking place between April 10, 2020 and April 9, 2021. Funding will be released incumbent upon authorization of funds by NASA.
- Programs should have an emphasis on the training of K-12 teachers in the areas of science, technology, engineering, and/or mathematics. Activities associated with aerospace, space sciences, and Earth system sciences are preferred.
- Grants must be matched (at least one-to-one) with funds from non-federal sources. Prior to the execution of a subaward agreement, the source of matching funds must be identified and confirmed by a letter from the appropriate authority. Waived indirect costs and professional staff/faculty effort can qualify as matching funds.
- Proposals may include requests for salary, supplies, and travel support. ISGC funds cannot be used for the purchase of equipment.
- The proposal must include a plan for follow-up with K-12 teachers to evaluate implementation of training materials.
- The project PI will submit report information to the Associate Director of ISGC as requested.
- All application materials must be submitted electronically by February 9, 2020.
Proposals will be reviewed by ISGC Directors and selected based on adherence to the above criteria, educational merit, and equitable distribution of resources across the Consortium. Programs targeted to women, under-represented minorities, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged. Proposal submission in this program is limited to faculty/professional staff at ISGC affiliates and lead institution.
(If you have not previously applied to this system, enter your email address and then select to have a new password emailed to you. You have the option to change that password on the first page of the application – upper right-hand corner of the blue bar, “Change password.”)
Complete the on-line application form. In the “Documents” section of the application:
- Select “Other Supporting Document” and upload your budget (sample budget_form_2020);
- Select “Statement of Purpose” and upload your project description. The project description should include:
- Relevance to Mission Directorate(s)
- Purpose: including audience and educational objectives
- Method: what activity(ies) will take place
- Results: anticipated value-added benefits
- Schedule: timeline including project period and important milestones/deadlines
- Brief self-evaluation plan
- Project goal(s). Indicate explicitly how the goal(s) is/are specific, measurable, aligned with NASA and Space Grant interests, realistic and within the funding time frame.
The Statement of Purpose should be single-spaced text in 12-point font with one-inch margins and be no more than three pages in length.
You will receive email verification that your proposal was submitted.
|February 9, 2020