Objective: To enhance precollege students’ and the general public’s science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) skills and knowledge.
- Establish a pipeline to education institutions of Illinois.
- Enhance precollege teacher education programs with an emphasis on the STEM fields.
- Provide information and activities to increase public appreciation for the direct and indirect benefits of NASA-sponsored research.
- Focus on involving underrepresented groups, women, and persons with disabilities.
- Adler Planetarium
Special topics and exhibits appear regularly*
- Engineering Open House
Hosted by the College of Engineering at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign*
- Fermilab Tours
Public and private tours, ages 10 and older
- Northwestern University Dearborn Observatory Public Observing
Every Friday night, 9-11 PM*
- Online Games, Tips, Tools, Puzzles, and Project Ideas for All Ages
at Math Forum
- University of Illinois Observatory Open Houses
First Friday night of the month throughout the year*
*Institution is a member of the ISGC.