ISGC 2020-2021 Scholarship Information
THE APPLICATION PERIOD FOR THE 2020 SCHOLARSHIPS HAS CLOSED.
The Illinois Space Grant Consortium (ISGC) awards scholarships to support outstanding undergraduate students pursuing aerospace, astrophysics, astronomy, cosmology, Earth system science and other interdisciplinary space-related science, engineering or mathematics fields.
A total of up to (23) $3,000 scholarships for the 2020-2021 academic year.
- U.S. citizen
- Must be enrolled full-time at an ISGC affliate institute:
- Bradley University
- Chicago State University
- City Colleges of Chicago
- DePaul University
- Illinois Institute of Technology
- Northern Illinois University
- Northwestern University
- Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
- The University of Chicago
- University of Illinois at Chicago
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Full-time student majoring in a STEM area, including: engineering, computer science, the biological and life sciences, chemistry, geological sciences, physics and astronomy. Please note that we are specifically interested in students whose academic major and career aspirations are relevant to aerospace and NASA.
- Must be an undergraduate in Fall 2020.
- Minimum 2.5/4.0 GPA
- Good academic standing
- Completed application packet (see below)
- All application materials must be submitted electronically by February 9, 2020, 11:59 PM.
Award winners will be chosen based on student qualifications and the application. Women, under-represented minorities, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Complete the Scholarship Application. As part of the application, you will be asked to upload the following:
- A one to two-page Statement of Interest:
- A clear, concise account of your reasons for seeking this scholarship
- Evidence of your previous and current interest/experience in aerospace engineering, astronomy, cosmology, astrophysics or Earth system science
- A resume
- Copy of your high school transcript (incoming Freshmen only)
- Copy of most recent college transcript (can be unofficial transcript)
You will also need to provide one academic reference which would include full contact information of the reference (i.e. name, address, position, institution, email, phone, etc.) A letter from the reference is not needed at this time.
Deadline and Notification of Awards
|February 9, 2020, 11:59 PM|
After screening for eligibility, successful applicants will be notified by the ISGC and affiliate institution. Notifications will also be sent to the affiliate institution. Award notifications are usually issued by early August.